2. Information Collected Information you provide directly to Provider Services.
You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit our Services. Our Services may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Services including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Authentication and sub-account information for Showtime Anytime;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code;
- Public information, including profile information, you provide to the Provider Services for publication, such as your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures, and the address of your website;
- Information you provide if you complete a survey that we use for research purposes, or enter sweepstakes, contest, or other online promotion;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service;
- The information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features, including so-called "user-generated content" and "feedback" and postings to third-party social media sites through the Services (collectively, "User Submissions");
- Information you provide if you report a problem with the Site or contact us for other reasons; and
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
Information we collect automatically on Provider Services.
Our Services may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our Services;
- Web pages and advertisements you view, links you click on within our Services and other clickstream data;
- Unique identifiers, including device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other similar technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to and viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer including registry key information; and
- Standard server log information, including date/time information.
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" signals. Since uniform standards for "Do Not Track" signals have not been adopted, the Services do not process or respond to "Do Not Track" signals. To learn more about "Do Not Track", please visit "All About Do Not Track".
Information we obtain from other sources.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (e.g., mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and websites (e.g., on our Facebook pages), and from commercially available sources (e.g., data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- If you access third-party services (e.g., Facebook, Google+ or Twitter) through a Provider Service, or if you access a Provider Service through a third-party service, your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services, as described in our Video Services and Social Networking Policy;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across our Services.
Information collected by third parties.
3. Use of Information We only use payment information, such as credit card numbers, as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including sending you electronic newsletters, authorizing a purchase, completing a transaction that you have requested, or serving you when you have questions or problems;
- Enable you to participate in features and activities such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, message boards, interviews, and other research activities;
- Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers, and promotional materials on behalf of our Services, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Operate our Services and analyze the use of our Services and information about visitors to our Services to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce or disclose anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit our Services;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time, we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Disclosure of Information Provider is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- With your consent. With your consent, we may share your contact information with third-party marketing partners.
- Authorized service providers. We may share your contact information and other information about you with vendors that help us with specialized services, including customer support, payment processing, account management, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management, and data processing. These vendors are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose. Also, authorized service providers may collect non-contact information about your visits to our Services with cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies that may be used to deliver advertisements or marketing tailored to your interests.
- Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Further, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
- Advertising. We may share information about our users with advertisers so that they can measure the effectiveness of advertisements viewed on our Services. For example, we may tell advertisers the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement. We also may use technology to deliver advertising to you on other websites based on email address or other personal information you provide to us or through the use of information we received from third parties.
- Provider Services and other businesses of our affiliated companies. Where permitted by law, we may share information we collect about you within our family of corporate affiliates, so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content. Information collected about your interactions with audio and video content, including video content that you have watched, may be shared with third parties, including social networking services and audience measurement and market research services, as described in our Video Services and Social Networking Policy.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Provider Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal processes, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements, in our sole judgment.
- Aggregated or anonymized information. We may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, to help us develop content and services we hope will interest you or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings including targeted marketing.
5. Your Choices You can choose to enjoy content and features on certain of our Services without providing us directly with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may be collected automatically or be requested so that you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on the Services.
You have various options for expressing your preferences regarding our newsletters and other promotional communications. For example, with respect to Tonictvnet.com, you may opt-out of receiving promotional email or text communications from a particular Service by following the instructions contained in any such communication. Please note that even if you opt not to receive promotional communications, we may still send you communications relating to your use of the Services, such as administrative messages, service announcements, or terms and conditions of your account.
While each browser is different, browsers generally provide you options to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set or delete cookies periodically.
6. Reviewing Your Information If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update certain such information on a Service through your user account profile on that Service. You also may update your information by contacting us. If you ask us to close your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you as a result of our ordinary procedures for the operation of the Services or in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in backup storage even if you ask us to close your account. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating
7. Security We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted technical, administrative, and physical procedures to collect, manage, maintain and store user information in a manner designed to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using our Services, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
We are sensitive to parents’ concerns about the collection of information from children. Accordingly, we do not desire to collect or retain personal information from children under the age of 18, even if they are authorized to use a connected TV application or Showtime Anytime sub-account. If during the registration or account management process, we learn that a user is under 18, we delete any personal information collected from that user.